DEXTER JOHN EVANS
$595,000 settlement resulting from mediation in which client developed the onset of fibromyalgia following a car accident. This was the largest reported verdict in Illinois for a fibromyalgia case outside of Cook County.
$375,000 settlement on behalf of a truck driver who sustained severe laceration of his ring finger when loading dock door was inadvertently dropped onto his finger by loading dock worker. The client underwent surgery to reattach his finger and suffered nerve damage.
$450,000 settlement on behalf of client who was involved in a head-on car accident while test-driving a police car he repaired for a municipality. Settlement was made with workers’ compensation carrier, the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier, and the municipalities underinsured motorist carrier.
$300,000 policy limits settlement on behalf of client injured when she fell down the basement stairs of friend’s house. There was no handrail on basement stairs which violated the applicable building code
$225,000 settlement negotiated for man who was at a friend’s house and fell through an access door that was unsecured and covered by mulch. Client suffered a torn rotator cuff which required surgery.
$215,000 workers’ compensation judgment on behalf of worker who sustained repetitive lifting injury to her shoulder. While recovering from surgery on that shoulder, the worker developed the same condition in her opposite shoulder necessitating surgery. Pre-trial offer was $32,568.69.
$200,000 settlement on behalf of client who was injured when he fell off of a defective ladder at ladder owner’s store.
Dexter’s ability to obtain outstanding results for his client stems from the fact that he looks at his clients as individuals who have families and need someone to help them protect their legal rights. “It all starts with treating a client’s case like it is my own. If it was my case, would I want my lawyer to explain the legal process to me since I am new to it? Would I want my lawyer to return my calls and answer my questions so I am not left in the dark? Of course!” When he is not taking on multi-billion dollar insurance companies, Dexter enjoys spending time with his wife and their 3 pups. Dexter also enjoys playing basketball, writing (songs and poetry), and reading books on such topics as history, politics, and philosophy.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2006
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2005
- Honors: Dean’s List, 2002-2005
- Law Review: Northern Illinois University Law Review, Lead Articles Editor, 2003 – 2005
- Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois
- B.A. magna cum laude – 2001
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- DuPage County Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 – Present
- Kane County Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Will County Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- West Suburban Bar Association, 2015 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Botti, Marinaccio & DeLongis, Ltd, Associate Attorney, 2005 – 2007
- Teacher, DuPage Trial Advocacy Class
- Presenter, Work Injuries and Third Party Claims, Municipal Department Committee
- Presenter, Changes to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act, Painter’s Union Local 448.