- Classes & Seminars
Jon Walker focuses his practice on representing injured individuals throughout the state of Illinois in workers’ compensation, personal injury, and Social Security disability claims. Jon has dedicated his legal career to making a difference in the lives of victims of negligence and work place accidents. Over the past 12 years, he has helped thousands of clients recover millions of dollars from insurance companies and corporations. He has also helped thousands of disabled individuals recover Social Security disability benefits from the government, allowing them to live with dignity and obtain medical treatment.
In workers’ compensation claims, Jon has extensive experience litigating repetitive trauma injuries involving auto and assembly employees. These include work injuries to the hands, shoulders, back, neck, and knees in cases against employers such as Chrysler, Ford, and Caterpillar. He has also successfully won hearings at the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission where employers have defended the claims based on independent contractor agreements, denied the increased risk of the employment, and refused payment of weekly wages and medical treatment based on independent medical examinations. Jon is one of the few attorneys in the state of Illinois filing emergency hearings under Section 19(b-1) of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act, which provides for an expedited trial and appellate review.
In claims for Social Security disability, Jon has successfully represented disabled individuals at all levels before the Social Security Administration. He has won claims for individuals suffering a range of conditions from depression to asthma to sleep apnea to chronic pain. Jon works closely with his clients’ doctors to ensure the Social Security Administration understands the injured individuals’ limitations and why their disability prevents them from working. Jon aggressively pursues disability claims from the outset with the goal of winning benefits before reach the administrative hearing level.
Jon is a member of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives. Jon previously served on the Board of the Young Lawyers Section of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association. In 2011, he was appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Law Section Council as well as the Chicago Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Committee for the evaluation of candidates for judicial offices and sitting judges seeking retention within Cook County. In 2010, he served as a judge in the Chicago Bar Association’s 2010 Winter Moot Court Competition for law students from across the country. In 2009, he finished third in the Chicago Bar Association’s “Most Fit Lawyer Competition” for attorneys 30-39 years of age.
Jon earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2004. He was a finalist in the Frederick Green Moot Court Competition and an active member of the law school ice hockey team. He earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of British Columbia in 2001, with a double major in History and English Literature. At UBC, he was a member of the Golden Key National Honors Society and captain of the Faculty of Arts ice hockey team.
He is admitted to practice by the Illinois Supreme Court and by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
When he is not fighting for his clients, Jon can be found traveling to Africa and photographing lions, lifting weights, or playing ice hockey. He is active with African lion conservation programs, as well as other ecological, wildlife, environmental stewardship, and animal rights organizations.
Do you need a personal injury lawyer in Chicago, Aurora, Champaign, or throughout the state of Illinois? Contact Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices at (866) 891-9211 for a free case evaluation.
- University of Illinois College of Law: J.D., 2004
- University of British Columbia: B.A. in History and English Literature, 2001
Classes & Seminars:
- The Law of Parking Lot Cases, Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, February 2019, Presenter
- Parking Lot Injuries, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Seminar, November 2018, Presenter
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Social Security, DuPage County Bar Association Senior Law Division, Presenter
- Update on AMA Decisions and Depositions, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Presenter
- Tips on Deposing an AMA Rater, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Presenter
- The Anatomy of an AMA Impairment Report, Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, Presenter
- Expedited and Emergency Hearings 19(b-1) v. 19(b), Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, Presenter
- Understanding the Admissibility of Medical Bills in Personal Injury Cases, DuPage County Bar Association Journal Brief, March 2019
- Death Claims, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Trial Notebook, 2018
- The Slippery Caselaw of Illinois Workers’ Compensation Parking Lot Injuries, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Trial Journal, Summer 2018
- Dispelling the Myths Surrounding Social Security, DuPage County Bar Association Journal Brief, 2017
- Social Security Disability Offsets of Workers’ Compensation Benefits, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education Workers’ Compensation Practice Handbook, 2015
Honors and Awards:
- Leading Lawyers “Emerging Lawyer”, 2015 – 2019
- Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine “Rising Star” – 2012 – 2014, 2018
- AVVO 10 Star Superb Rating