- Classes & Seminars
- Professional Associations
Leandro Alhambra, “Lee” as we know him prides himself in providing each client with respect, compassion, and zealous advocacy. Prior to pursuing his ambition of becoming a lawyer, Lee spent two years administering UAW disability benefits for a major insurance company. Seeing firsthand some of the injustices done to working men and women, Lee made the decision to focus his talents on representing the injured worker. His thorough knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry’s policies and procedures have proven to be a tremendous asset in obtaining maximum recovery for his clients.
Since joining the firm in 2007, Lee has recovered millions of dollars for injured workers throughout Illinois. He prides himself not only on his zealous advocacy of his clients but also on his efforts in educating workers of their rights under the Act. He has authored a series of articles regarding workers’ compensation issues for the Chicago Dispatcher and the Fox Valley Labor News. He is an active member of the Filipino American Lawyers Association and the Asian American Bar Association.
A graduate of Loyola University Chicago, Lee received his Juris Doctor degree in 2007 from IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law, where he concentrated his studies in the areas of Trial Advocacy and Employment Law. Lee was the recipient of CALI award for earning the highest grade in his Trial Advocacy class, a student editor of the Employee Rights and Employment Policy Journal, and an active member in the Labor and Employment Law Society. Lee also worked for the school’s Health and Disability Clinic, assisting disabled persons apply for Social Security Disability benefits.
When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf. He also enjoys rooting for his favorite sports teams, the Boston Red Sox and Celtics.
Need a personal injury or work comp attorney in Illinois? Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices assists clients throughout the state, including in Chicago, Aurora, and Champaign. Call (866) 891-9211 to schedule a free consultation.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology: J.D.
- Loyola University Chicago: B.S. in Psychology, magna cum laude, 1999
- Honors: Dean’s List, Certificate in Finance
Classes & Seminars
- Overview of Workers’ Compensation, SEIU Local 73, Presenter
Honors & Awards
- Leading Lawyers, “Emerging Lawyer”, 2016 – 2018
- Selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2016 – 2017
Professional Associations & Memberships
- DuPage County Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Asian American Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Filipino American Lawyers Association, 2013 – Present
- Filipino American Lawyers Association: Board of Directors, 2015 – 2016
- Workers Compensation Lawyers Association, 2015 – Present
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, 2015 – Present