- Classes & Seminars
- Professional Associations
Experienced. Tough. Driven. Put these three words together and you have defined the lead Chicago personal injury attorney at Woodruff Johnson & Evans. Over the course of his career, Attorney Casey Woodruff has handled thousands of injury claims, recovering millions of dollars for people who have been seriously hurt. Through it all, Casey has fought tirelessly to prevent corporations and big insurance companies from trampling on the rights of working men and women. For instance, on 40 different occasions, Casey represented employees from the University of Illinois who were denied their workers’ compensation rights after suffering repetitive-work injuries to their wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Many of these workers were hurt performing tasks such as cooking and cleaning. Casey fought back against the university, winning 99% of these cases.
In a case close to his heart, Casey was able to help a disabled woman who had been born with only one useable arm. After that arm was injured in a work-related accident, Casey was able to prove she was disabled from all gainful employment and obtained lifetime benefits for her, including medical expenses. Casey also has assisted clients who have fallen on dangerous premises, who were victimized by drunken drivers, and who were injured during childbirth.
Leading Lawyers has ranked Casey in the top 5% of worker’s compensation lawyers. He is the author of a number of articles on his chosen field and has presented talks on work-related injuries to organizations such as the Illinois Education Association, the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, United Food and Commercial Workers, the Service Employees International Union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the Champaign County AFL-CIO, the International Boilermakers Union, Cigna Insurance, the United Auto Workers, the Will County Bar Association, and several others.
Casey’s star began rising when he was still at the Chicago Kent College of Law. After receiving the AmJur Award for the highest grade in his worker’s compensation class, Casey was asked by his professor to join the Chicago-based law firm of Katz, Friedman, Schur & Eagle, where the instructor was a partner. Casey began practicing there in 1990, first as an associate and later as a partner. Ten years later, he had the experience and the clientele base to create his own law firm.
Today, Casey is driven not only to prevail on behalf of his clients but to maintain Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices as the most highly regarded injury law firm in the state. Casey is a long-time resident of the Chicago area and a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In his spare time, he enjoys rooting for the Cubs, the Illini, and his favorite horses at Arlington Park. He is the father of a daughter and two sons.
Contact our office at (866) 891-9211 to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney in Chicago. We also have offices in Aurora and Champaign.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology; Chicago, Illinois
- Honors: AmJur Award
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Classes & Seminars
- Work-Related Injuries, Illinois Education Association, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, United Food & Commercial Workers, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, Service Employees International Union, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, Champaign County AFL-CIO, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, International Boilermakers Union, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, Cigna Insurance, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, United Auto Workers, Presenter
- Work-Related Injuries, Will County Bar Association, Presenter
Honors & Awards
- Top 5% of Worker’s Compensation Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers, 2015 – 2018
- Avvo Rating of Superb
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1990 – present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2003 – present
- Kane County Bar Association, 2007 – present
- DuPage County Bar Association, 2007 – present
- DuPage County Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2014 – present