- Classes & Seminars
- Professional Associations
The grandson of a Chicago union worker, Dexter Evans has always felt a strong urge to help those trying to protect their rights. It is from this foundation that Dexter established himself as an aggressive advocate for the rights of his clients.
“The greatest satisfaction in my profession is the gratitude of my clients,” says Dexter. “There is no better feeling than to get a hug from a client who is in tears because they finally received the justice they deserve. The thank you letters from my clients enjoy a special place in my office as a reminder of what our profession is all about.”
Dexter devotes 100% of his practice to personal injury and litigation and has tried several cases to jury verdict in counties all over Illinois. He has also written and presented numerous arguments in front of the Appellate Court, including a recent case in which he was successful in overturning a trial court’s decision to dismiss a case involving a slip and fall on ice. As an accomplished writer, Dexter has written a variety of articles and blogs for publications such as the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Illinois State Bar Journal, DuPage County Bar Journal, and Fox Valley Labor News, amongst others.
Dexter Evans has obtained several recent noteworthy case results, including:
- $1,100,000.00 settlement on behalf of a 60-year-old textbook salesman who was hit by a ComEd vehicle while driving in Woodridge. The victim suffered a left tibial plateau fracture which required surgery.
- $600,000.00 settlement in DuPage County on behalf of a client who suffered a fractured leg when she was hit by a shuttle bus while walking her dog outside of her condo.
- $595,000 settlement resulting from mediation in which client developed the onset of fibromyalgia following a car accident. This was the largest reported verdict in Illinois for a fibromyalgia case outside of Cook County.
- $450,000 settlement on behalf of a client who was involved in a head-on car accident while test-driving a police car he repaired for a municipality.
- $375,000 settlement on behalf of a truck driver who sustained severe laceration of his ring finger when loading dock door was inadvertently dropped onto his finger by loading dock worker.
- $300,000 policy limits settlement on behalf of a client injured when she fell down the basement stairs of a friend’s house. There was no handrail on basement stairs which violated the applicable building code.
- $225,000 settlement for a man who was at a friend’s house and fell through an access door that was unsecured and covered by mulch. Client suffered a torn rotator cuff which required surgery.
- $215,000 judgment on behalf of a worker who sustained repetitive lifting injury to her shoulder. While recovering from surgery on that shoulder, the worker developed the same condition in her opposite shoulder necessitating surgery. Pre-trial offer was $32,568.69.
Dexter’s ability to obtain outstanding results for his clients stems from the fact that he looks at his clients as individuals who have families and need someone to help them protect their legal rights.
“It all starts with treating a client’s case like it is my own,” he says. “If it was my case, would I want my lawyer to explain the legal process to me since I am new to it? Would I want my lawyer to return my calls and answer my questions so I am not left in the dark? Of course!”
When he is not taking on multi-billion dollar insurance companies, Dexter enjoys spending time with his wife and their three pups. He also enjoys playing basketball, writing, and reading books on such topics as history, politics, and philosophy.
Contact Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices at (866) 891-9211 to discuss your case with personal injury attorney Dexter Evans. We offer free initial consultations at our various office locations in Chicago, Aurora and Champaign.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law: J.D., magna cum laude, 2005
- Honors: Dean’s List, 2002 – 2005; Law Review: Northern Illinois University Law Review, Lead Articles Editor, 2003 – 2005
- Elmhurst College: B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude, 2001
Classes & Seminars
- DuPage Trial Advocacy Class, Teacher
- Work Injuries and Third Party Claims, Municipal Department Committee, Presenter
- Changes to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act, Painter’s Union Local 448, Presenter
Honors & Awards
- Million Dollar Advocate, 2019
- Illinois Super Lawyers®, “Rising Stars”, 2016 – 2019
- Leading Lawyers®, “Emerging Lawyer”, 2016 – 2020
Professional Associations & Memberships
- DuPage County Bar Association, 2007 – present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 – present
- Kane County Bar Association, 2010 – present
- Will County Bar Association, 2013 – present
- West Suburban Bar Association, 2015 – present