- Classes & Seminars
- Professional Associations
“If we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us.” – Francis Bacon
To seek out and maintain justice is Russ Haugen’s goal as an attorney. Russ attended Illinois State University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice. Throughout his undergraduate degree, Russ worked as a paralegal for Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices. As a paralegal, he was able to learn a great deal about the many intricacies of both workers’ compensation and personal injury law. This further convinced him to pursue a law degree.
Russ attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan. There, he was a volunteer for the Lansing Teen Court, working as a youth advocate for teenagers who had found themselves in the legal system for the first time. He was also an active member of the Mock Trial Team. He competed in a Mock Trial Competition where he was ranked as a top 10 litigator out of hundreds of competitors. He graduated from law school with a concentration in Litigation.
Russ is happy to have returned to Illinois and to be working at Woodruff Johnson & Evans as an associate attorney. He is passionate about serving people who have been injured, working aggressively to help them obtain their legally-entitled benefits under the laws of Illinois. As a member of Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices, Russ has attained multiple six-figure settlements and awards for his clients. He has successfully handled hundreds of cases before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission at the arbitration and appellate levels. Within his personal injury practice, he has successfully represented clients involved in a myriad of cases, including motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, and products liability.
When not working, Russ enjoys being in the outdoors and spending time with his family.
Get in touch with us online or by phone at (866) 891-9211 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Chicago. Woodruff Johnson & Evans has offices in Chicago, Aurora, and Champaign.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School: J.D., 2009
- Honors: Dean’s List; Major: Litigation
- Illinois State University: B.S. in Criminal Justice, 2005
- Honors: Alpha Phi Sigma, National Criminal Justice Honor Society
Classes & Seminars
- What Every Injured Worker in Illinois Should Know, Champaign, IL Union Seminar, Presenter
- Workers’ Compensation for Injured School Employees, Illinois Education Association, Presenter
Honors & Awards
- Leading Lawyers, “Emerging Lawyer”, 2017-2019
- Super Lawyers, “Rising Star”, 2019
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2009 – present
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, 2013 – present