Illinois employers are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance. If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to secure the benefits you are owed. In some cases, employers and insurance providers may deny your claim or offer a lower amount than you are owed. Mistakes in your application can also lead to unnecessary delays or the rejection of your claim.
At Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices, we can help you with every aspect of your workers’ compensation claim. Our Chicago workers’ compensation lawyers understand that, when you’ve suffered a workplace accident, you need those benefits to pay for medical treatment and to make up for lost wages while you are out of work. Our team works quickly to resolve issues and help you fight for the full amount you deserve. We have offices in Chicago, Aurora, and Champaign and proudly assist injured workers and their families throughout all of Illinois.
Need help with your workers’ compensation claim? Call us at (630) 585-2320 or contact us online to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today.
What Workers’ Compensation Benefits Are Available in Illinois?
In Illinois, there are four basic types of workers’ compensation benefits:
- Medical Benefits: If you are injured on the job or while doing any activity within the scope of your employment, your employer is required by law to pay your medical expenses.
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD): If you suffer a workplace injury or illness that causes you to miss at least three days of work, you are entitled to receive 66.66% of your average weekly wages of the previous year, paid on a weekly basis.
- Permanent Disability Benefits: Once you have been released from care, you are entitled to permanent disability benefits in on one of the four categories below:
- Permanent partial disability: when you are able to return to work but still experience long-lasting effects, physically or financially, as a result of your injury.
- Disfigurement: when your injury causes a permanent change to your appearance.
- Wage differential: when you are able to return to work, but are not able to earn the same as you did before your injury.
- Permanent total disability: If you suffer a permanent total disability or disfigurement that prevents you from returning to any type of gainful employment at all, you are entitled to receive certain benefits determined by a compensation schedule. PTDs include injuries such as loss of limb, loss of sight, or a combination thereof.
- Death Benefits: If your spouse or parent was killed in a workplace accident, you are eligible to receive death benefits through workers’ compensation.
Types of workers’ compensation claims.
Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices can assist you with any type of workers’ compensation or workplace accident claim. Our Chicago workers’ compensation attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience, and we are prepared to put our in-depth knowledge and skill to work for you.
Contact our firm if you need assistance with any of the following:
- Fatal workplace accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Truck driver accidents
- Heavy lifting accidents
- Warehouse accidents
- Occupational diseases (mesothelioma, toxic exposure, etc.)
- Mental health claims (depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc.)
- Repetitive trauma injuries
- School employee accidents
- First responder injuries
- Slip and falls at work
Our attorneys can answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you navigate the Illinois workers’ compensation claims process from start to finish. Reach out to us today to schedule a free initial case evaluation with one of our workers’ compensation lawyers in Chicago, Aurora, or Champaign.
We can be reached by phone at (630) 585-2320 or online via our contact form.