Questions Insurance Adjusters Commonly Ask in Recorded Statements
If you have been involved in a car accident, you will soon be getting a call from the insurance adjuster to take your “recorded statement.” But before you start talking to insurance companies about your injuries and damages, you need to be aware that what you say can potentially harm your claim. This is why you should avoid giving a recorded statement without first consulting with an experienced car accident lawyer.
The questions the insurance adjuster asks during the interview are generally “scripted.” If you so end up giving a statement about your car accident, you should review the following questions to make sure you know what to expect:
- What is your full name?
- Are you aware that this interview is being recorded?
- Do I have your permission to record your statement?
- Can I share the information we discuss with another adjuster?
- What is your address, telephone number, and date of birth?
- What is the year, make, and model of the vehicle involved in the accident?
- Are you the registered owner of the vehicle?
- Was the vehicle being used for business or government work?
- Did you have any minors or passengers in the vehicle?
- What day did the accident occur and at what time?
- How many vehicles were involved in the accident?
- What street were you on when the accident occurred?
- Did weather conditions play a role in the accident?
- Were you driving in light, moderate, or heavy traffic?
- What happened that caused the accident?
- What type of damage did your vehicle sustain?
- What type of damage was done to the other vehicle?
- Did you take evasive action to avoid the accident?
- Were you under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Were you using a cell phone or other electronic device at the time of the accident?
- Were you obeying the posted speed limit?
- Did you have your seatbelt on?
- Did your airbag deploy?
- Did police show up to the scene of the accident?
- Was a police report taken?
- Were any traffic tickets or citations issued?
- Were any of the vehicle moved before police arrived on the accident scene?
- Did any witnesses see the accident?
- Did you seek medical treatment after the accident?
- Is there anything in reference to the accident that you would like to add that wasn’t discussed during this interview?
Do you need help filing your car accident claim? Call (866) 891-9211 to set up your free consultation with one of our attorneys in Chicago.